- Solar panel*
NOTE: Additional panels may be required depending on single or dual gate application, geographical location, number of cycles per day, and accessories used. Refer to the solar cycle chart for more details.
- On-board radio receiver
- DC motor – slow start/stop operation
- Inherent obstruction sensing
- External obstuction sensing
- Control inputs
- Bi-part relay
- LED indicators
- Electronic limit system
- Keyed manual disconnect
- 2-year warranty
* solar-friendly accessories recommended
The LA400 has a powerful 24VDC motor, which provides exceptional starting torque and features soft start/stop operation. This promotes longer gate and operator life, as well as dependable performance. The LA400 is capable of operating gates up to 16 feet long and weighing up to 550 pounds.
An on-board radio receiver is included with the LA400. Exclusive from Chamberlain®, this provides a single remote control solution for gates and additional access points.
On-board radio receiver
DC operator system
Inherent obstruction sensing
External obstruction sensing
Timer to close
Electronic limit system
Keyed manual disconnect
The solar version of this gate operator qualifies for a 30% tax credit
The US Federal Government is offering financial incentives to homeowners for the use of solar powered systems at their home. Homeowners are able to apply for a Federal Tax credit equal to 30% off the installed cost of their LiftMaster Solar Powered Gate Operator System.
What is Covered: This solar system Tax Credit applies to the total installed cost of the solar gate opener system. This includes the related solar panel, opener, access control device, remote controls, obstruction detection device(s), etc.
What is Not Covered: The cost of the gate itself, or work required to place the physical gate into proper working order (leveling the gate, replacing hinges, etc.)
- The installation of a LA500 Solar Gate System can qualify for a 30% tax credit on the installed system cost
- Effective for tax years beginning after December 31, 2008
- You will need to use The Federal Tax Credit form 5695, Residential Energy Efficiency Property Credit
- You will need to provide a copy of the “Manufacturer’s Certification for Credit”
- The dwelling must be located in the United States and be used as a residence by the taxpayer
- This offer is only available in the United States