The LA500 now features full-time AC run operation with battery backup and revision 5.1 firmware.
Full Time AC Run Operation with Battery Back-Up – AC Run transformer provides constant power to the Operator and utilizes full battery power reserve for operation on battery back up.
Switched Accessory Power – Conserves power for when it is needed most to run cycles on battery backup or when running on solar power by turning off any accessories connected to this output 10 seconds after the gate is closed . This feature is in all new production and replacement control boards.
Party Pass – “Gate Hold Open” Feature – This feature is ideal for parties or other events where the gate needs to be held open for a period of time to allow free/easy access to the property. Simply press the reset button with the gate in the open position, and you can conveniently hold it in the open position without having to open the control box.
LiftMaster swing gate operators are built to perform in the most demanding applications. Synonymous with quality, dependability, and award-winning designs that meet or exceed UL-325 safety standards, LiftMaster’s Elite Series is recognized as the undisputed leader in gate operator technology.
The LA500 model is our most advanced residential DC swing gate operator. It is equipped with industry-leading features like MyQ® and Security+ 2.0™ communications, battery backup, and a capacity to handle gates up to 18 feet and 1,600 lbs.
With a network of more than 8,000 professional dealers and 100 years of access experience, it’s no wonder that homeowners trust LiftMaster to provide security and control for their residential applications.
Battery Backup System provides uninterrupted access when the power is out
Provides up to 14 days or 500 cycles on battery backup. Also powers safety and ancillary devices.
Security+ 2.0™ Technology
Our patented Security+ 2.0™ Technology provides two times the range of standard remote controls and virtually eliminates radio interference. An on-board radio receiver is included with the LA500. It holds up to 50 remotes and is compatible with HomeLink® version 4 and higher.
Provides the ability to remotely monitor and activate our gate from anywhere in the world via an Internet-enabled Smartphone or computer.
- Continuous-duty motor with soft start/stop
- Operator duty rating: 300 cycles per day
- Power: 110V or 220V Single Phase (220V single phase requires torroid transformer kit)
- Surge/spike protection
- Gate travel speed: 90 degrees in 16-17 seconds
- Construction: Full length commercial duty cast aluminum housing. Control Box; High impact polycarbonate
- Weight: control arm 25 lbs. Control box 20 lbs
- Power Management System
- Supplies power when needed to operate the gate and conserves power when not in use
- Provides exceptional standby time and cycles on battery backup
- Simple-to-set electronic limit system maintains accurate gate position throughout gate travel
- Bi-part delay: choose from Standard Operation or Synchronized Close
- Plug-in loop detectors
- Fire department compliance: selectable settings allow gate to auto-open upon loss of AC power or battery depletion
- Advanced traffic management control includes Quick-close and Anti-tailgating functions
- Programmable auxiliary relays
- External obstruction sensing; complies with UL325 safety codes
- 2 year warranty
- Photo eyes and reversing edges
- Plug-in loop detectors
- Torroid transformer kit
- Solar package
The solar version of this gate operator qualifies for a 30% tax credit
The US Federal Government is offering financial incentives to homeowners for the use of solar powered systems at their home. Homeowners are able to apply for a Federal Tax credit equal to 30% off the installed cost of their LiftMaster Solar Powered Gate Operator System.
What is Covered: This solar system Tax Credit applies to the total installed cost of the solar gate opener system. This includes the related solar panel, opener, access control device, remote controls, obstruction detection device(s), etc.
What is Not Covered: The cost of the gate itself, or work required to place the physical gate into proper working order (leveling the gate, replacing hinges, etc.)
- The installation of a LA500 Solar Gate System can qualify for a 30% tax credit on the installed system cost
- Effective for tax years beginning after December 31, 2008
- You will need to use The Federal Tax Credit form 5695, Residential Energy Efficiency Property Credit
- You will need to provide a copy of the “Manufacturer’s Certification for Credit”
- The dwelling must be located in the United States and be used as a residence by the taxpayer
- This offer is only available in the United States